Saturday, March 3, 2012

Diaper bags

My mom just gave me me a new bag/purse which I am so excited about that I had to write about it right away. She did not intend it to be used as a diaper bag but that's exactly what I see in all bags. Either it's a diaper bag or it's not. I immediately decided that this was a diaper bag.

Before I elaborate on this fascinating turn of events, let me start with some background. As most moms would agree, your diaper bag and purse tend to merge into one fairly sizable piece of baggage that you must lug with you everywhere. In certain cases, it may actually require a set of wheels on the bottom for easy maneuvering. Thankfully, I haven't gotten there yet. My bag of late has been this super cool green number that my husband gave me as a birthday present years ago when I would have barely recognized a diaper if it tapped me on the shoulder. That's probably why I brought it out and started using it tote around all my stuff, even though it has no segmentation and immediately turned into a vast stew of used tissues, receipts, cracker crumbs, and other essential belongings. Oh how I will miss digging through this wasteland of debris in search for my keys!

So my mom arrives today and gives me this:

And would you believe that in its four neat compartments, it can hold everything that is actually required of a diaper bag and purse? It do! I feel like I just lost like 30 pounds.

Now we'll see how long it lasts before I start pushing around a shopping cart to catch the overflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment